Re: [squid-users] cache and refresh

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:39:43 +0200

proxyadmin wrote:

> I'm looking for info concerning the use of cache in config "sibling" and the
> coherence beetwen the data in the server , and the same data in the cache .
> When i have sibling caches i have request using ICP to ensure that the data
> stored in the differents caches have the same version .
> But if it is the case and the same data in the server is newer .
> How can i do ?
> I change the reference_age in one of my cache to reduce the LRU ?
> Or another way ? .
> Thank you for any clue .
> Guilhem michel DGCP

 I believe these problems are unrelated, I mean , sibling relation
ships between caches, and the ICP 'lookup' mechanism,versus the
problem of freshness of an object that a particular cache
has to deal with.
Some interesting beginners info can also be found at :

       http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM