Re: [squid-users] How to get pop3.proxy working

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 13:29:44 +0200

shromanX wrote:

> Hello squid-users,
>
> I understand that my question is a bit off the course, but.
> I have squid up and running OK.After installing it came to the fact
> that it does not work as tcp proxy so i cant proxy POP3 or SMTP i
> found and compiled a pop3 proxy, but i dont know how to start it
> from the xinetd(I am running Rehat 7.2) Maybe sombody has experience
> to share?
> Thanks in advance.

 Somewhat off topic indeed :

 Have a look at /etc/xinetd.d , or whatever is specified in
 /etc/xinetd.conf.

 You will find sample config files,there , as for other services
 such as 'telnet'.

 The application may need support for running under xinetd.
 You may want to verify this issue.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM