Re: [squid-users] efax.com error 111 connection refused

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 18:28:07 +0200

Bert Woods wrote:
> No, I've looked but had not seen that.
> I tried the echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
>
> Do I need to restart squid after? I still receive the same error after
> executing the above line.

So there is some other errors as well then..

> Also the exact url is: https://www.efax.com:443 also
> ftp://ftp.ny.frb.org/rime/Prime.txt fails with the same error.

This FTP site works fine with ECN

I have no problem accessing any of these sites using Squid (except for the
missing p in prime above). If my Linux box has ECN enabled then I cannot at
all reach the www.efax.com site.

> I'm not familiar with ECN. The note seems to be related to FreeBSD, I'm
> using RedHat 7.2 I'm not sure of the kernel ver but the icir.org shows
> Linux kernel ver 2.4 has having full ECN support.

The problem with ECN is that almost only Linux has support for it, while many
firewalls incorrecly thinks ECN is some hacker trying to send invalid
packets..