Re: [squid-users] 2 network interface and squid

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 23:36:42 +0200

Jigar Rasalawala wrote:
> hi, guys
>
> I am running Squid-2.4 STABLE 4 on RedHat 7.1. If I have 2 network
> interface on my PC. When i start squid on
> which interface squid will come ?

Depends on your routing table. Squid do not care how many interfaces there is
or what IP addresses they have.

Unless you tell Squid to specifically only listen on one (or a few) IP
addresses, it will listen on all.

> When squid will send request to destination web server, which IP address
> will show in out-going http request.

The one selected by your server according to your routing table.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized