Re: [squid-users] squid file system

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 02:19:54 -0500

ext3 is faster than ext2 in one of its modes (writeback, I believe) by a
small margin. But last time I tried (admittedly in a Red Hat 2.4.9
kernel--so pretty old now) I could oops it at will within a few minutes
with a moderate Squid workload.

All crashers that I've ever found in ReiserFS for Squid workloads were
fixed nearly two years ago, and I've never had problems since. And it
still benchmarks significantly faster than ext2/3 for Squid workloads.