Re: [squid-users] ttl option for ident lookups

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:20:53 +0200

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 21:47, Gerben Welter wrote:

> I'm testing with acls with ident lookups and I've noticed that it
> performs an ident lookup for every request.

Not for every request. For every new TCP connection.

> Is there an option to do this less frequently like the
> authenticate_ttl directive?

No, ident operates per TCP connection.

In theory we could maybe cache the result based on only the client
IP, but as ident is most frequently used on UNIX networks there is no
guarantee that the IP identifies the user.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/