Re: [squid-users] How to use ext3 fs ?

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:17:39 +0200

The Squid cache_dir type says nothing about the actual type of OS
filesystem you use.

"ufs" tells Squid to use the cache format where each object is stored
in it's own file. There is also two variants of "ufs" available in
the Squid source: aufs and diskd. All uses the same file format but
different internal implementation for better I/O performance.

As actual OS filesystem you can use anything that supports
directories and files.. i.e. any type of filesystem.

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 11:56, Rainer Hartwig wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've installed RH 7.2
> and downloaded squid 2.4.STABLE6 and compiled it.
>
> I want to use ext2 or ext3 fs, and not ufs.
>
> But if I configured squid.conf,
> squid terminats with:
> FATAL: Unkown cache_dir type 'ext3'
>
> What's wrong?
> Do you any idea?
>
> (I found no hint in FAQ nor i the archive)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> regards,
>
> Rainer

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/