Re: [squid-users] --> DNS not resolving some machines

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:09:49 +0200

Squid do not wait for log_fqdn to complete before logging the entry.
If the DNS lookup hadn't completed when Squid completed the request
it will get logger on IP. As soon as Squid has learnt the domain name
of the client it will log using the domainname.

On Thursday 16 May 2002 14:45, Alex Carlos Braga Antão wrote:
> hello,
> I can see im my logs some machines (just sometimes) are not
> resolving their names. It´s loggin with it´s IP, not the name, but
> after a while, the name is resolved. I already put the IP cache
> size to 4096Mb. My network has about 900 users....
> Thanks for any help...
> Alex C. B. Antão
> Analista de Sistemas e Suporte
> ICQ: 5144629
> http://motoviagens.pagina.de
> http://e-modelismo.pagina.de
>

> "A moto tem duas coisas principais para a liberdade: A roda
> dianteira e a traseira!!!"

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/