Re: [squid-users] https entropy problem on solaris

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 00:46:46 +0200

No idea.. try looking into the OpenSSL FAQ on how to make entropy work
on Solaris.. I suspect this is more of an OpenSSL installation/build
issue than a Squid issue, but I am not 100% familiar with what entropy
sources OpenSSL is capable of finding automatically, and which it needs
help from the application to use.

I only uses OpenSSL on Linux, and there OpenSSL knows how to make proper
use of /dev/urandom as a entropy source (and checks the quality of the
returned psuedo-entropy).

Regards
Henrik Nordström