Re: [squid-users] !!~~How to Stop Proxy Servers Behind my Proxy Server.~~!!

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:40:06 +0200

Tricky.. not all kinds of proxies can be detected at all.

Some HTTP proxies like Suqid can be detected by looking for a Via
header in the request or other headers added by the proxy, but this
is by no means enforced, and will not be the case for simpler proxies
or TCP/IP proxies like SOCKS.

At the TCP/IP level, all proxied connections originate from the proxy
server host, just as if the user where running his client on the
proxy server host. And unless the proxy server application inserts
something into the application level data there is no way to detect
that the connection was proxied.

You might be able to use some forensic methods like detecting when
there is more than one browser version used by the same IP, but this
risk both a lot of false negatives and false positives.

On Monday 20 May 2002 11:25, squid_nehal@speednetindia.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have squid version 2.3stable4 on linux 7.0. I have many clients
> who is using internet connection through my this squid caching
> server. As we are on isp type of bussiness, we are selling internet
> connection over cables as per only one pc per connection. Now my
> problem is my meny clients are using Proxy servers (like win proxy,
> ms proxy, cget proxy etc) so that they can access internet on more
> pcs then they are paying (only for one pc). I want to restric this
> clients so that they can not run proxy on there pc. Means they have
> brought one account then they are able to use internet only on one
> pc but when they use proxy only one pc run that is their proxy
> server itself and can not use internet on their local clients.
>
> Is there any configuration builtin in squid ?
> Is there any way to restric those clients?
>
> Please Help me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Yours faithfully,
> Nehal.
> (Network Administrator)

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/