Re: [squid-users] squid,dns and redirect

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:31:47 +0200

On Monday 20 May 2002 14:14, Rene Cunningham wrote:

> Is it possible to direct clients to a default web page when a URL
> that has no dns is entered in a web browser?
>
> Something such as Apaches ErrorDocument function.

You can fully customize the Squid errors to look any way you like.
See the Squid FAQ.

> At the moment my faulty dns requests are denied and the web browser
> displays a dialog box saying that "x.com cannot be found", and not
> a squid error page is shown.

You are using MS IE... See the advanced settings. There is a knob to
enable the real errors to be shown. Same problem for Apaches
ErrorDocument.

Making the error messages sufficiently large also gets around this
knob..

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/