Re: [squid-users] acl

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:26:47 -0500

You can't use two passwd files, to my knowledge (at least not without a
simple external helper to check against both--but that doesn't
accomplish what you want).

You can have separate groups of users given different permissions.
Instead of REQUIRED which auths the same for everyone, just create
different ACLs for each group:

acl group1 proxy_auth a bunch of users
acl group2 proxy_auth a bunch of other users

or:

acl group1 proxy_auth "file-containing-a-userlist"
acl group2 proxy_auth "file-containing-userlist2"

Then:

http_access allow group1 # Everywhere
http_access allow safe_sites group2 # Only safe_sites
http_access deny all # Stop everything else

I reckon that will do it. I'll leave the use of files and the
safe_sites definition for you to figure out. All of this is pretty well
documented in the squid.conf file, and in the FAQ, but I'm feeling very
helpful today.

FAQ ACL section:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html