Re: [squid-users] TCP_IMS_HIT/304 or TCP_REFRESH_HIT/304

From: Senthil Kumar .R <serengar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:33:36 +0530

Hi ,

a) We can ensure by setting the Object expire value for a time of longer
duration .

b) TCP_HIT will come into picture if every check is OK! (ie :- Object is
Fresh).

c) If you want to have the TCP_HIT for the the same Object.

Modify the Last-Modified header to current date of requested Object in the
Apache Server, Fresh copy will be cached in the squid.

As long as the Object is valid it may give TCP_HIT or TCP_MEM_HIT.

I would be thankful ,if anybody can provide me information about the
calculation of AGE and refresh check in squid caching mechanism

thanks
senthil