Re: [squid-users] some body tell me why !

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:18:00 +0100 (BST)

Amir, a single line on the eth0 interface on your
router won't solve your problems... u need to have
things like access lists that tell your router where
to forward the next hop to, and which machines to
allow and deny for the redirect...

u also need to recompile your kernel so it supports
transparent redirection... u also need to enable ip
forwarding in your machine, and use either ipchains
and iptables to redirect all http packets to your
squid process....

then, since it's transparent caching i can see u wanna
do, u need to get rid of the settings in your browser
that point to your cache server and cache port...

good luck..

AKNIT

 --- amir ahrabi <ahrabi@iranmehr.net> wrote: > dear
Freands