[squid-users] sibling cache

From: proxyadmin <proxyadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:11:33 +0200

I'm looking for an detailed explanation of the cache with squid .
I don't find it .

My problem is the following

I have clients who are using actually one squid called SQUIDINTERNET
 authorized to go on the internet )
To reduce the network traffic beetwen my network and the internet , the
squid and his cache is a good solution .

But now i have to find a solution to reduce the traffic inside my private
network .
So i install another squids closer to the users and in the squid.conf for
this squids i add this line

cache_peer SQUIDINTERNET sibling 3128 3130

My purpose is to use the locals caches of this squid to the same requests of
the users ( except the first request ;-) ) .

I test this on the same subnet to the SQUIDINTERNET to avoid the problems of
UDP filter by router .
my icp_access is allowed to all , i haven't filters never_direct or
always_direct

i'm using a squid2-3.4
What is forgotten by me ? Because this solution don't work !
Any clue is wellcome
Thanks
Guilhem michel