Re: [squid-users] change of data in a http packet

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:49:15 +0200

Squid does not, only the inverse if you ask it to (changing
spaces to %20 before forwarding the URL). But it is possible your browser is
behaving differently because of the difference in HTTP version, or simply
because it is using a proxy.. It should be noted that HTTP do not allow
spaces in URL's. Any software sending such URL's are technically broken.

See the uri_whitespace option for what you can do in Squid to work around
broken browsers in this area.

But yes, Squid is a HTTP/1.0 proxy.. any requests sent via Squid will be
HTTP/1.0.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized