[squid-users] HTTP redirect to HTTPS broken in some cases

From: Justin M. Parker <bluesman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:34:35 -0500 (CDT)

 I've just installed squid and am very impressed with the difference
it makes in accelerator mode. However, when I attempt to access
http://www.advanta.com, the redirect process to
https://adv2.advanta.com seem to be broken. I've searched the FAQ,
HOWTOs, and the mail archive, and did learn to use the
"redirect-program" and associated tags in my squid.conf to re-write
the URL manually. Is it the way they perform their redirect (advanta)
that's breaking this process? I have set up a redirect through apache
locally to redirect from an http to an https server and it works great
through squid (of course, the port 443 traffic bypasses the squid
server). I'm running Squid version 2.4.Stable6 on Red Hat 7.2 with a
2.4.18 hand rolled kernel. http://www.maxgroup.com does the same
thing.

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!
-Justin

--
Justin M. Parker      --------/     \     o---
Systems Administrator   -----/       \    | http://www.pneumatek.com