Re: [squid-users] log ARP (MAC) - Adress in squid log-file

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 00:53:05 +0200

On Friday 24 May 2002 00:27, Colin Campbell wrote:

> Of course we are all ready for the next question:
>
> Why do I only see the MAC addresses of my routers in the logs?

What? The MAC address is globally identifying the user with no
possibility of spoofing, isn't it? B)

Serisouly, if someone can come up with a sane motivation why one
wants to log MAC addresses in Squid's access.log, then a patch doing
so migh be accepted if done within the emerging custom_log framework
<http://devel.squid-cache.org/custom_log/>.