Re: [squid-users] Cache and Firewall in one machine

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:22:18 +0200

>Dear Marc.....

>thanks for your response,but why my idea is not secure??.......can you tell me more >about it's security???

>Thanks

 It's not that it would be absolutely insecure, but SQUID by it's
 nature is 'hole puncher' on your box,concerning the generated network
 traffic in terms of tcp connections and the variety of them
 present in normal circumstances.

 This may in the end interfere with firewalling functionality and the
 need to , for instance, securing the firewall, or controlling access
 to ports on other machines.

 I think it is therefore better to separate Firewalling and
 Web caching functionalities

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM