Re: AW: [squid-users] log ARP (MAC) - Adress in squid log-file

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:38:01 +0200

If you want my opinion then you really SHOULD firewall the course/lab
lan from the rest of your network (make sure to have all LAN ports in
the course/lab room firewalled), and if you do the MAC address will
most likely no longer be available to Squid.

To give some security in such environment, the proxy should not allow
unautnenticated requests from the course/lab lan. To access the
Internet they should need to log in with personal accounts, details
printed on their course registration or folder.