Re: [squid-users] Squid and SNMP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:38:31 +0200

This variable counts the number of unique IP addresses Squid has seen,
not the number of isers.

To see what users are currently connected and what URL's they are
retreiving, see the filedescriptor cachemgr page.

Note 1: HTTP is quite stateless. There is only a connection while the
browser is downloading something, and most often more than one
concurrent connection to download images etc..

Note 2: A URL is the unique location of a HTML page, image or anything
on the web. A typical webpage consists of many URLs
  * The address of the HTML content
  * each inlined image or Java applet
  * each referenced external JavaScripts
  * each referenced external stylesheed
  etc..

The best way of getting the information you are after is probably to
process the tail of your access.log. This way you can have pretty much
any such information extracted.