Re: [squid-users] Anyone knows a good Squid log analyzer?

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:38:56 +0200 (MESZ)

There used to be an analyzer which does indeed give per user stats on data
volume and sites visited, as well as times during which this user accesses
squid.

As such, it gives very high insight in what your users/employess do
while/instead of working, and its usage might be questionable (and is
certainly forbidden in several situations here in germany).

Believe me, you don't really want to know what your colleages view when
they feel unscreened. For legal reasons, you also probably have to tell
them about the logs in advance; but I don't know your local regulations.

The versions I saw don't include a content-type statistic though. I don't
know how difficult it would be to add it.

I also forgot the name of the tool, can't find it on the squid links and
can't look it up right now. I should be able to do that tonight.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on