[squid-users] authenticate_program needs source IP address

From: Michael Hocke <mh103@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:33:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody,

I am running Squid 2.4STABLE6 with a self-made authentication script. In
order to track down abusive behavior I am in need to log more detailed
information with each attempt of authentication. Right now the only
information passed to the auth script is the username and the password.
Since I need to correlate this information with access.log entries I also
have to get my hands on the source IP address, i.e. my script needs to be
fed with it somehow. I wonder if somebody could tell me if Squid is able
to do this. What I need is either the user id logged in access.log or the
source IP passed onto the auth scripts so that it can be logged there.

Right now I hacked Squid to allow the latter (I was lucky that all data
structures for this were in place already and I only had to make sure that
the data is passed around) and it is working fine. It would be great if a
feature like this could be integrated into a future release of Squid.

- Michael

--
Michael Hocke				New York University
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator		Information Technology Services