Re: [squid-users] Using LDAP to authenicate with Windows 2000 Active Directory.

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:09:27 +0200

Jonathan Ludwig wrote:
> I'm tring to figure out how to use LDAP to authenticate with Windows 2000
> Active Directory. I want to do two things:
>
> 1) Grant or deny access to the Internet.
>
> 2) Get the user authenticated at the machine making web accesses.
>
> Is there documentation anywhere on how to do this?

There is a fair bit of documentation on the LDAP part in the documentation to
the Squid LDAP helper.

Generic documentation on how to set up authentication can be found in the FAQ.

Problem for your setup is that there is not yet good integration for groups
in Squid. Currently you need to list the valid user names in a file on the
squid server, and refer to this file from a proxy_auth ACL. May be a bit
cumbersome if the list of allowed users is large or changes frequently..

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized