[squid-users] Direct versus Connect 2.5pre7

From: Madhav Diwan <mdiwan@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 May 2002 15:21:02 -0400

Could someone please explain the difference between the Direct and
Connect options and how and when they are used? I would also like to
know what effect these options have on redirection responses from a
server behind a transparent proxy.

 I think i may be having a problem with this, then again it could be
unrelated :

 Every time i try to connect to https://www.mysquid.com/exchange

 i get the initial password but then the url is rewritten by the server
to http://www.mysquid.com/exchange , and i need to sign in again : since
i have squid listening on both port 80 and port 443 this does not pose a
problem ... the session takes place on http instead of https. But I want
to continue using https....

would using a external program redirector like squirm help me?

what kind of info do I need to provide to help solve this problem?