[squid-users] trouble with POST and squid-2.4.STABLE6

From: Eric D. Hendrickson <edh@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 May 2002 14:02:12 -0500

Hello,

I'm running squid-2.4.STABLE6 on a Solaris 2.6 system in reverse proxy
mode. I compiled with the --enable-storeio="ufs null" and
--disable-internal-dns options. And I have made the following changes
to the default squid.conf:

48a49
> http_port 80
367c368,370
< no_cache deny QUERY

---
> #no_cache deny QUERY
> acl all src 0/0
> no_cache deny all
602a606
> cache_dir null /tmp read-only
1418a1423,1426
> acl to_my_server dst <ip.of.external.FQDN>
> acl http protocol http
> acl port80 port 80

1452a1461,1462
> #http_access deny all
> http_access allow http port80 to_my_server
1649a1660
> httpd_accel_host <external FQDN>
1678a1690
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
1693a1706
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
The top level page is a login page.  When I hit it, IE should pop up a
new window and redirect the old window to another URL.  Here are the
log entries for the GET of the page and then the POST of the login:
1022705954.849    142 <my.ip> TCP_MISS/200 5601 GET http://<external.FQDN>/pgLogin.html - DIRECT/<ip.of.external.FQDN> text/html
1022705973.164  11445 <my.ip> TCP_MISS/200 357 POST http://<external.FQDN>/pgLogin.html - DIRECT/<ip.of.external.FQDN> text/html
Can anyone give me some pointers on what I am missing to make this
work?
Thanks much, Eric Hendrickson