[squid-users] Re: PAM authenticator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 13:47:00 +0200

Technically it would be possible to SSL encrypt the traffic between the
browser and the proxy, but unfortunately none of the browsers on the
market supports this...

Maybe you can convince the Mozilla people that SSL encryption of proxy
connections is a good thing? It is already supported by Squid-2.5 and
later and most likely also by Apache+mod_ssl+mod_proxy, only the support
in browsers are missing..

Minor note to clarify what I am talking about: If requesting SSL sites
over an SSL encrypted proxy connection then there will be SSL ontop of
SSL. First SSL between the browser and the proxy, and ontop of this SSL
between tbe browser and the origin server.