Re: [squid-users] To RAID or not to RAID...

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 23:57:41 -0500

> 270GB of cache storage will require roughly 2.7GB of RAM just for the
> object store. On a machine with only 1GB of RAM, I usually use about

Oops. That should read:

"270GB of cache storage will require roughly 2.7GB of RAM just for the
in-memory object store index."

The FAQ covers all the other things you need memory for, which will
hopefully make it clear that even if you had 2.7GB of memory you
couldn't run Squid with 270GB of cache_dir (nowhere near it). And in
your case, with 1GB of RAM, you still can't run with 100GB of cache_dir
configured.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.