Re: AW: [squid-users] Authentication with NT domain

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:10:21 +0200

On the wire it is sent clear-text equivalent between the browser and
the proxy.

If this worries you then you have two options (both requires
Squid-2.5)

a) Bug browser vendors to add support for SSL encrypted proxy
connections.

b) Investigate the use of other authentication schemes than Basic HTTP
authentication. Squid-2.5 also supports the standard Digest HTTP
authenticaton scheme, and the MS Proprietary NTLM over HTTP
authentication scheme.