Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy / Accelerator Mode

From: Geffrey Velásquez <gvelasquez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 05:33:08 -0500

> > Could Squid resolve using hosts file and then try DNS?
>
> Yes. Is how I usually did set things up in accelerator mode before
venturing
> down the road of our rproxy patch..
>
> If using Squid-2.3 or 2.4 you will need to configure Squid with
> --disable-internal-dns.

Disabling internal DNS "--disable-internal-dns" and using an external DNS
Server (ie the DNS supplied for the provider) will affect the performance?
will become slow?

Then, is a good option to install Bind 9.x in the Proxy Server?, remenber
that I will disable the internal dns server...

In squid.conf there is a directive: "cache_dns_program", which program could
be?? recomendations please...

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Geffrey