Re: [squid-users] NTLM Accepting/Denying

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:56:41 +0200

Timothy Findlay wrote:

> .... you see, it seems to allways deny the request twice, then allow it,
> seems to happen regardless of website or user, I suspect I've got a
> funky blocking rule somewhere, but I really dont know, any thoughts ??

This is how NTLM over HTTP works. During the NTLM negotiation the same HTTP
request is repeated many times. Nothing to worry about.

1. Probe to see if the server/proxy supports NTLM
2. Request NTLM challenge

> For reporting stuff, I really just want the last line, the URL & authed
> user...

You want the other entries if there is someone having problems to log in, or
trying to abuse your proxy.