Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 & NTLM

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:02:28 +0200

Mike Diggins wrote:

> I noticed in another email that configure needed both --enable-auth=ntlm
> and --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=NTLMSSP for ntlm. I wasn't doing the
> NTLMSSP part. When I add that to configure and then make, I get the fatal
> error below. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Making all in NTLMSSP
> sh: NTLMSSP: does not exist

In the snapshot version you are using the helper has been renamed to SMB as
this is a more appropriate name of what the helper is doing. NTLMSSP is the
name of the Microsoft security service provider protocol used by browsers
when talking to "NTLM" servers (NTLMSSP is also used in a number of other
Microsoft network protocols).

Other news is that there is now a more reliable helper using Samba winbindd.
Requires Samba-2.2.4 installed as a domain member.