Re: [squid-users] squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 23:17:31 -0500

While it may not fix his problem, it is worth mentioning (again) that in
the vast majority of cases the default number of threads is the right
number. Simply don't specify a number of threads when configuring and
Squid will use 16 per disk. This may be a little high for some
environments and a little low for some, but it is certainly better than
severely overdoing it, which many folks have a tendency to do.

In this case, the difference between 32 and the 50 threads that have
been specified isn't going to be very big. There are probably other
issues causing troubles, but using the default number of threads is a
good place to start...

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.