Re: [squid-users] msproxy with squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:01:26 +0200

dhana krishnan wrote:

> hello all,
>
> Just wanna to clarify this doubt, i'm asing this
> simple question.
> If i want to use MS proxy as a parent for squid(proxy
> mode), i can configure squid with cache_peer line.
> My Q! is what will happen while accessing
> hotmail(login goes with https://..., ftp sitesand
> all)? does squid forwards all these req to MS proxy?.
> or want to do something to access those requests.

Depends on it you also use never_direct or not.

Bu default, only requests Squid thinks may result in a cacheable reply
will be sent to your parents. To tell Squid that it MUST send all
requests via the parent you use never_direct (or if you only prefer it
to but is not a must, use prefer_direct off).