Re: [squid-users] Increase file descriptors in linux 2.4

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:08:17 -0500

If using my RPM packages, all that needs to be done is add a line to
raise the file descriptors in the initscript. It has been compiled with
8192 available file descriptors, but the initscript has not been changed
to make use of them.

i.e. add a line like this near the top of /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid:

ulimit -HSn 8192

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.