Re: [squid-users] Problems loading hotmail & other sites

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 18:15:51 +0100 (BST)

hi..

i am not sure about the other sites... but i
experienced that hotmail problem over two years back..
u will need to reconfigure your e-mail settings in
hotmail so that your browser loads ten messages per
page.. the default setting for hotmail, which is
nasty, is 100 messages per page... now, having a slow
link, or a semi-done local network could worsen this
situation for u....

the issue with IE 5.5 is it will show u that it has
completed the load [DONE], but that DONE indicates
what has been loaded so far, what u can see... ie..
the tool bar and other animations.... in the
background, IE is actually loading the rest of the
page...

if u need better status reports on what your browser
is doing, u might want to downgrade to IE 5.0 or IE
5.01 .. anything higher got rid of the "Web site
Waiting for reply" routine..

good luck..

AKNIT

 --- Aurel Babec <blaise@xnet.ro> wrote: > Hello,