[squid-users] http_access deny !password

From: Marco Berizzi <pupilla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:26:58 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying squid 2.5pre7.
I have a little problem with my acl.

This is piece of my squid.conf

acl allowsite dstdomain "bla bla bla"
acl password_all proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl password proxy_auth_regex -i "me you she"

http_access allow allowsite password_all
http_access deny !password
http_access allow password
http_access deny all

I want all authenticated people can access some URL
(kernel.org, slackware.com etc). This list is the
allowsite acl.

Then I want other authenticated people (me you she)
can access all URL.
Now happens a strange thing.
If an authenticated people (that aren't member
of acl password) try to access a site with
external link, the browser prompt for username/password
box in an endless loop.
To correct this behaviour I must insert this rules

http_access deny !password !allowsite

instead of:

http_access deny !password

Why? I'm using the ntlm auth. module.