RE: [squid-users] FreeBSD and Transparent Proxy Trouble

From: Aaron Seelye <AaronS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:43:17 -0700

Check your net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass sysctl ("sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass"
at the command prompt). It sounds like it's at 1, change it to 0. What's
happening is that the packets are hitting the 400 rule, doing what it says,
and going out of the loop, so to speak. Setting this to 0 makes the rules
apply in order (unless you do a skipto). This is also necessary when you
apply pipes, which is very helpful for traffic shaping. dummynet(4) will
teach you more about that, as will ipfw(8). Search for
net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass in ipfw(8) for more info on what it does, along with
some other helpful sysctl's.

HTH,

Aaron