RE: [squid-users] Preventing private IP's in URL's

From: Hermann Strassner <hermann.strassner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:28:48 +0200

> that doesn't seem to work. The cache, which of course has a public
> IP address, still wants to retrieve a page like 172.16.1.2 from the public
> internet and correctly fails with 'connection timed out'. In the access
> log it says
>
> 1023962516.005 239538 a.b.c.d TCP_MISS/504 1026 GET http://172.16.1.2/ -
> NONE/- -
>
> Any other configuration pitfalls I may have trapped in? Yes, I gave 'squid
> -k reconfigure' to the cache after changing the acl.

Do you have any IP addresses in the conf file? esp. bound squid to any
interface?

> Another question regarding ftp uploads. It seems that ftp uploads fail
> depending on the size of the uploaded file (but that also may depend on
> the receiving server). request_body_max_size is set to 0. I find log
> entries as follows:
>
> 1023876297.000 909875 a.b.c.d TCP_MISS/000 0 PUT
> ftp://user@ip.of.ftp.server/uploadfile - DIRECT/ip.of.ftp.server -

# TAG: request_body_max_size (KB)
# This specifies the maximum size for an HTTP request body.
# In other words, the maximum size of a PUT/POST request.
# A user who attempts to send a request with a body larger
# than this limit receives an "Invalid Request" error message.
# If you set this parameter to a zero, there will be no limit
# imposed.
#request_body_max_size 1 MB

Hermann