Re: [squid-users] https

From: Justin M. Parker <bluesman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:10:13 -0500 (CDT)

> As I said, you can't do that. Transparent proxying of SSL traffic is
> not supported by Squid (or any proxy I know of).
>
> I believe Henrik has mentioned in the past that it would be possible
> with some coding in Squid (basically hacking every SSL request into a
> CONNECT transparently). If you must have it, I reckon you could hire
> Henrik or someone else to implement it for you. It is considered to be
> a rather ugly hack by most or all of the developers, so it is unlikely
> that any will ever spend time on developing such a feature for fun.
>
> COLSON Arkadi wrote:
> > I just want to make it transparent the users can select direct connection in
> > the browser settings
> > I just did another test and I found out this.
> > If I set the https-proxy in the browser settings to 10.1.5.100 port 3128(so
> > directly without any redirection), then it works, but I don't want that.

I have my redirect set up only for port 80, which leaves the SSL
traffic up to the NAT/Firewall to route. Since squid doesn't know how
to cache SSL data, it's useless to pass the load onto it. Since you
are using a private class subnet I assume you have some type of
MASQ/NAT setup?

-justin

--
Justin M. Parker      --------/     \     o---