RE: [squid-users] squid + icradius

From: Boosten, Peter <Peter.Boosten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:24:28 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown [mailto:brown@ozxpress.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 17 June 2002 06:57
To: Squid List
Subject: [squid-users] squid + icradius

>I have a client who wants to be able to find out at a glance, who is
browsing what pages over
>their corporate internet (they offer dialup for employees).

>What i want to be able to do is query the icradius database and the squid
access log file and
>generate a report for a given username. They want to do it transparently,
which is why they don't >use squid authentication.

>does anyone know of a perl script or php script that would do this?

When not using authentication, the only thing you have are IP-addresses.
That means you would have to check IP-addresses with timestamps (from
access.log) against IP-addresses and timestamps from your RADIUS-log.

You could start with:

for IP in `awk '{print $3}' access.log | sort -u`; do
grep $IP access.log | awk '{print $1, $7}' > $IP
done

Then you would have all timestamps and URL's per IP-address in one file.
From those files you could query your RADIUS-logs.

Good luck anyway.

Is it legal btw. to collect per user stats in your country?

Peter

Disclaimer
1. This e-mail is for the intended recipient only. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system;
access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone
else is prohibited.

2. If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly,
please notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately. This e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. DSM does not guarantee that the
information sent and/or received by or with this e-mail is correct and does
not accept any liability for damages related thereto.