Re: [squid-users] dnsserver error

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:36:30 +0200

Timofey A. Bychkov wrote:

> In your message you advise me "As a workaround you can compile Squid
> with --disable-internal-dns".
> But not everything is clear for me in this situation. What DNS resolver
> squid using if compile with that option? What external resolver you know
> (if it corresponding to way 2 - its great)?

Without --disable-internal-dns Squid will only use DNS.

With --disable-internal-dns Squid will use whatever hostname resolving methods
configured in your OS. On most servers this is first /etc/hosts and then DNS
but many other options are available (see /etc/nsswitch.conf)

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized