[squid-users] negative hit problem during stress test

From: Alexius Luke <luke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:12:03 +0900

hi everybody,
    I am using squid as a http_accelerator,running at port 80.apache runs at port 81 and tomcat at 8080.
I am using the tomcat error redirective for 404 not found error and redirecting to a servlet where I process the request uri and send appropriate response.There are no static pages or jsps as such.
ex:
http://abc.com/uri1
http://abc.com/uri2
and so on.As such these uri's are redirected to the servlet since they dont exist,and servlet sends the response.
I do stress test using a stress test program(in java).
While doing stress test,sometimes some requests such as the ones above are having a negative_hit at squid.And that request does not have any log in apache log file.
But as such these uri's are responded properly when accessed thru browser.Even thru stress test program only at sometimes they have a negative_hit.

Please help me as soon as possible if you are able to sort out.

-Alexius Luke