[squid-users] how to raise filedescriptors on kernel 2.4

From: GUILHEM Michel (75) <michel.guilhem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:58:50 +0200

The only thing i see for the kernel 2.4 is to use the command
ulimit -n 4096 for example , but with this when i compile a squid after
i got the following messages
Number of filedescriptors by default FD_SETSIZE 1024
Number of max filedescriptors we can open 4096
And when i launch the cachemgr command , the max that i can open for a squid
is always 1024 .
Can you help me , and describes what file i have to change ( in directory
/proc/sys .
Any clue is welcome .

Guilhem michel DGCP