Re: [squid-users] Squid slowness over time ...

From: Justin Hennessy <jhennessy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:28:37 +0930

Marc,

I am running RedHat 7.2.

I am not confident to assess the memory usage. I have cachemgr up and
running but am not really familiar with how to use the information.

I have had a look in the cache file but I am not really sure that I am
looking for.

Justin

Justin Hennessy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wonder if someone can shed some light on the subject.
>
> I am running squid-2.4.STABLE1-6 and I have found that if I leave
the
> service running for a couple or days (or a week at the most) that
> internet access gets really slow.
>
> If I stop and start the squid service everything seems to get
quicker.

> I hope someone can help.

   - On which platform ?
   - Do you have resource exhausting symptoms (memory,cpu,disk, ...)
     usage ?
   - anything in cache.log (errors) ?

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM