Re: [squid-users] login screen

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:29:19 +0200

Have done it using cookies for reverse proxies, and other peoples have
done it based on the client IP address for normal proxies.

Making a web-login authenticating the client IP address to browse via
Squid involves

a) To write the login web page to where the user logs in and gets
registered in a database of "logged in IP addresses".

b) Writing a redirector or external_acl helper to Squid that uses this
database to authorize the request.