Re: [squid-users] 50 requests per second?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:37:39 -0500

Well...The Cisco doesn't have moving parts. That makes it a less likely
point of failure than a Squid box.

But since that's the case, I'm confused why Mark is asking about meshes
and trees. Use WCCP, Mark. That's what it is for. But you don't need
two boxes for effective failure prevention--WCCP will stop redirecting
if the cache fails, and will instead route directly to the internet.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.