[squid-users] Hallo Problems With Squid Going on a machine with iptables & bind

From: Jan Madsen <Jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:17:01 +0200

I Have a problem with squid when it trying to access the internet through my
iptables Firewall using local DNS server
All of my client have no problems using the BIND DNS server but when I try
to get squid to use the DNS server my explore just hang trying to connect to
the internet but no errors accour

If I set my iptables

Iptables -A INPUT -P ACCEPT instead of iptables -A
INPUT -P DROP

Iptalbes -A OUTPUT -P ACCEPT instead of iptables -A
OUTPUT -P DROP

My squid is accessing the DNS Server as it should and my Explore is going on
the internet perfectly.

But my problems are when I setting iptables to ACCPET on the 2 chains my
security are running at a very high risk

Do any one know how to correct this problem

Please Help ME ASP
Jan Madsen