Re: [squid-users] forwarding with user IP

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:17:03 +0200

Doing so would be extremely ugly from a TCP/IP point of view, and would only
ever work if the Squid server is the gateway/router whereby all traffic
coming on from the Internet is routed.

Also, there is no known platform capable of supporting proxies acting in this
manner except for a few versions of the Linux-2.2 kernel (Linux-2.4 can't,
not yet anyway).

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized