[squid-users] Corrupt downloads via squid cache

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:46:21 +0200

when downloading files through our squid caches they get corrupt. this is
one of those errors that don't happen every time so it is very hard to
reproduce and find a solution.

our environment:

squid version 2.4.stable6 using cache_type aufs (maybe we switch back to ufs
- how buggy is aufs at the moment?)

squid hierachy caches, all using parent-proxies no siblings, that look like

        user-proxy -> central-proxy-system -> firewall -> internet-proxy in
dmz -> internet

we have several locations, each one with a user-proxy. there is one central
proxy-system running up to 4 squid-processes
(for intranet1, intranet2, extranet, internet).

        user-proxies are running under hp-ux 11.0
        centray-proxy and internet-proxy running under (suse) linux with
kernel 2.4.10

central-proxy is a double-cpu machine with 1 GB RAM and 36 GB diskspace.

there was a similar discussion last month in this list but no solution so
far...

thanxs

Markus Rietzler
* <rietzler_software/>